Sunday, December 3, 2006

African Players Learning Fast




Ham forward Carlton Cole is ready to switch his international allegiance from England to Nigeria.

Cole, a summer signing from Chelsea, has 15 Under 21 caps to his name, but he has failed to make the step up to the full England side.

The striker feels his chances of ever making it into the England side are slim and he is ready to represent the country of his father.

"Maybe it will be good to play for The Super Eagles because I'm not right enough for England," Cole told Goal!

"If I get the call from Nigeria, I'll sit down and discuss my future, weigh up all the options and will seriously consider playing for them."

This looks real.If i were Austin i will snap him up immediately.Its however wise of African players to look at the long term when deciding to play for other Countries.Most of them are used and dumped like Emeka Olisadebe(Poland),John Fashanu(England),Shola Ameobi(England)Fashanu spoke of the ills of plying pro football with other nations and one kid who has refused to learn is Gabriel Agbonlahor.We sure are a force to reckon with in world football.I cant stop loving Africa.What do you all think.
Africa Rules

No comments: